Permaculture is a branch of ecological design, ecological engineering, and environmental design that develops sustainable architecture and self-maintained agricultural systems modeled from natural ecosystems.
Agroforestry is an integrated approach of using the interactive benefits from combining trees and shrubs with crops and/or livestock. It combines agricultural and forestry technologies to create more diverse, productive, profitable, healthy and sustainable land-use system In agroforestry systems, trees or shrubs are intentionally used within agricultural systems, or non-timber forest products are cultured in forest settings.
Forest gardening is a form of agroforestry that is particularly popular with permaculturists. Numerous permaculturists are proponents of forest gardens, or food forests, such as Graham Bell.
Here is an interesting video about Permaculture in Australia.
- High desert permaculture 15 years later. (dilloncruz72.wordpress.com)
- Free Intro to Permaculture and Part-Time full PDC (foodactioncoalitionswr.wordpress.com)
- Free Intro to Permaculture and Affordable Part-Time PDC Course (villagesurrey.wordpress.com)
- Permaculture Principles (nurturegreen.wordpress.com)
- Permaculture And The Myth Of Scarcity (peakoil.com)
- Paying it forward. (dilloncruz72.wordpress.com)
- Forest garden permablitz (with a bit of fungal fever) (burgessparkfoodproject.wordpress.com)
- What Permaculture Isn’t – and Is (wakingtimes.com)
- Lesley Byrne, international permaculture teacher in Ithaca, Sept 25 & 26, 2013 (flxpermaculture.net)
- Two Illawarra Permaculture Courses (green-change.com)