A tree is worth $193,250. According to Professor T.M.Das of the University of Calcutta. A tree living for 50 years will generate
- $31,250 worth of oxygil fertility to the tune of $31,250,
- recycle $37,500 worth of water and
- provide a home for animals worth $31,250.
This figure does not include the value of fruits, lumber or beauty derived from trees. Just another sensible reason to take care of our forests.
Trees and plants silently carry out their daily routines year after year,
- stabilising the soil,
- recycling nutrients,
- cooling the air,
- modifying wind turbulence,
- intercepting the rain,
- absorbing the toxins,
- reducing fuel costs,
- neutralising sewage,
- increasing property values,
- enhancing, social awareness,
- providing beauty,
- cutting noise,
- giving privacy,
- promoting tourism,
- encouraging recreation,
- reducing stress, and
- improving personal health as well as
- providing food,
- medicine and
- accommodation for other living things.
Some trees are clever: they can communicate with each other, do arithmetic, tell time, display affection, align themselves according to magnetic influences, predict changes in the weather and even produce their own rain. Like humans, they can survive fire, drought, floods, storms, hunger and loss of limbs.
Trees are symbols of dignity, endurance and adaptation; they fight back rather than give in, they have an irresistible urge to exist, to reproduce and to develop. They usually overcome the excesses of civilisation and they want to live to maturity.
Trees were already forming in large forests 330 million years ago, and the first humans came into existence about 327 million years later. In a natural environment, plants are producers while people and animals are consumers.
- Caspian Sea: Tree-Cutting Blamed For Soil Erosion, Decimation Of Fish (eurasiareview.com)
- Trees reveal hidden gold deposits (bbc.co.uk)
- Gardening in the Desert: Growing Beautiful Bottle Brush Trees (local.answers.com)
- SHA plants trees to fight highway runoff (abc2news.com)
- Tree-cutting blamed for soil erosion, decimation of fish in Caspian Sea (payvand.com)
- Scientists Discover Gold Literally Growing on Trees in the Outback (gizmodo.com)
- Keep Your Garden Green And Healthy With The Services Of The Arborist San Diego (diegoinfosys.wordpress.com)
- Forest residue mulching reduces post-fire soil erosion (gsoil.wordpress.com)
- First fire, then floods in besieged Western forest (bigstory.ap.org)
- Protection, restoration and sustainable management of forest resources (Google / ZUNIA) (desertification.wordpress.com)