By Liliana Usvat
Cities are owner of land. Planting can be a city initiative; planting gardens or trees or parks.
Each city can have a city day when all citizens can have a picnic and plant 100 trees or little gardens and the rest of the year take care of whatever they have planted. Each consecutive year the result of the planting can be compared and another 100 trees should be planted, or bushes or little gardens.
I was researching the laws and organizations nationals and internationals and none of them say that forest destruction should be stopped completely; and the land that lost the soil is going to be given for free to whoever decide to plant and care for the plants.
It does affect us all. It does affect the water that we drink the air we breathe.
Education can be a factor so that at least next generation would consider cutting trees as something not very good.
What about televisions and cable channels? Would be possible to teach regeneration and planting shows instead of logging shows?
The governments and owners of lands have a choice to cut or to plant. Cut and then plant is not a solution in my opinion. Last century has destroyed too much of the forest and environment.
How can a forest be protected when people have laws that regulate destruction/logging of forests?
It is ever possible to change the perspective on the laws that regulate how to how much when and who can cut the forest to interdiction to cut the forest?
Here are few Environmental Organizations.
- A Rocha
- Anti-nuclear movement
- Antinea Foundation
- Basel Agency for Sustainable Energy
- Biosphere Expeditions
- Bioversity International
- BirdLife International
- Climate Justice Now!
- Confederation of European Environmental Engineering Societies
- Conservation International
- Dancing Star Foundation
- Deep Green Resistance
- Earth Charter Initiative
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Fauna and Flora International
- Forest Stewardship Council
- Rainforest Alliance
- Sano Sansar Initiative
- Seeds of Survival of USC Canada
- Society for the Environment (SocEnv)
- Taiga Rescue Network (TRN)
- The Climate Project
- The Mountain Institute
- The Nature Conservancy
- The Resource Foundation
Blog 86 -365
- Why we should all be hugging trees (scotsman.com)
- $30K grant helps pay for Fiscalini Ranch Preserve tree assessment (sanluisobispo.com)
- A Burning Issue: How UK demand for biomass is harming communities and forests around the world. (ecopostblog.wordpress.com)
- Rain Forest Plants Race to Outrun Global Warming (njohnsen16.wordpress.com)
- New Olympic forest coalition intends to get groups talking (kitsapsun.com)
- Victor von Graff, He planted the forest (gotodonetsk.wordpress.com)
- The Tree (johnsuhar.wordpress.com)
- World Building Wednesday-The Cloying Forest (mindweaverpg.wordpress.com)
- Earth | Global Forest Change 2000-2012 (jarphys.wordpress.com)
- These maps show where the Earth’s forests are vanishing. (washingtonpost.com)